Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Toronto Real Estate Agents Very Unfriendly

First off , I'm sure that this doesn't apply to all Toronto House Sellers, but it DOES apply to all of the GTA agents which I have tried to contact regarding homes for sale.

The first agent failed to contact me before I went to view the property and then told me that the property was already sold BUT NOT CLOSED. I begged the agent to keep my name and contact me if the deal fell through. She replied "You're not the only one looking at this house!" That is true but I should get a chance to bid like everyone else.

There were also several properties listed at THE real estate listing website. I wrote several letters to several agents inquiring about properties listed but 95% of the letters weren't answered. The other 5% was answered with a 4 word sentence.

So I have decided what I will do if necessary.

Since real estate is so "HOT" in Toronto that the agents don't even need to follow up on potential customers, I have made up my mind that if I don't find a decent deal before I'm ready to move, I'll go back to school and get a license to sell Real Estate MYSELF or send my WIFE to school if she wants. Then I can get in on all of the inside deals that happen before the general public even sees the listing. I will get back the money spent on the license 10X.

Dan

No comments: